Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Klas Blomgren




Klas Blomgren
Professor of Pediatrics at
Karolinska Institute and the Karolinska University Hospital
Sweden

The atmosphere at the Spirit of Humanity Forum meeting in Reykjavik was spectacular. It was one of openness and genuine mutual interest. The Forum attracted a wide range of very prominent attendants, but I could not sense any competition or positioning between them. One of my strongest memories was the morning of the second day, when Sister Jayanti, Rev Dr Thabo C. Makgoba, and Matthieu Ricard were on stage together, guiding reflections and meditation. Three very powerful people from different walks of life, radiating peace and contentment. It reinforced my own meditation practice and also the belief that I can make a difference for others by changing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment